Monday, January 07, 2008

This is Getting Weird

i was on my way home earlier when i felt my phone vibrate. it was on silent mode since i was traveling. when i opened my inbox, i saw that i had a message from a friend who is a nun. i read her forwarded message, it was the same one she sent before, because of my experience last saturday i checked the date the message was sent, it was november 20, 2007. when i scrolled back to the inbox because i had another message, it reflected an icon of an unopened message beside her name. i don't know why i'm being haunted by this kind of technology glitch. is it really just a technology glitch or is this God's way of reminding and comforting me?

earlier this evening i told a friend about what happened. he told me it also happened to him before, the resending of message from months before. given that there is really a technology glitch, how come these are the messages that speak to me now at this point in time? coincidence or something greater? something that requires me to have faith and believe?

this is the message "i want to invite you to dare to love. do not desire anything less for your life than a love that is strong & beautiful & that is capable of making the whole of your existence a joyful undertaking of giving yourself." - Pope Benedict XVI

*as i was finishing this piece, a thought popped into my head, send it to judc, my friend who is in qatar. she emailed me earlier about how uncomfortable she feels about the sexual promiscuity of the people around her. i hope that the message will strengthen her convictions and she'll not be influenced by her environment and her loneliness.

No comments: