Sunday, February 06, 2005

Poems for Brett*

there are originally 4 poems at the different stages of my infatuation but i can't find the copy of the 4th poem. These 2 poems are from the treasure chest of my bestfriend who managed to keep a copy but she won't give me the 2nd poem because it cornier than these 2 (if it's possible :)

Poem 1

The first time I saw you
I had little inkling how well
You’ll disturb my peace,
The tingle of attraction
I just dismissed.

Now every time you stroll by
I crane my neck
Quite unconsciously,
I know not why,
My eyes follow your every move.

My hands long to reach out to brush
Your hair as it caresses your face.
But I continue to walk in a daze
As you pass me by unseeing.

You do not see me at all
When, just to see a glimpse of you
I almost stumbled into a wall
Yet, you continue on, unaware of the havoc you caused.

Poem 3

How does one get over a crush?
It’s not done with a stroke of a brush.
However hard you try to scrub
There still remains a blob
Of that feeling you try
So hard to shoo goodbye.

So many methods have gone awry
So many dreams had to die
Before I was able to suppress
This feeling I cannot express.
And I thought I had succeeded at last
Only to find that it has turned to lust.

*(the epitome of my college infatuation)

No comments: